I threw this together one morning when I was tired of my usual breakfast, but low on ingredients. Packed with protein, healthy fiber, and flavor, it is healthy enough for a weekday breakfast and hearty enough for a weekend brunch.
Chicken Sausage and Spinach Egg White Frittata
- 1 link chicken sausage, chopped into bite-sized pieces (I use Trader Joe’s brand!)
- 2 heaping handfuls of spinach
- Liquid egg whites (enough to cover fillings)
- 1 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt & Pepper
- Saute chicken sausage in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until browned
- Toss in spinach, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and allow to wilt until most of moisture has evaporated
- Lower the heat and allow the pan to cool a bit before pouring in egg whites
- Season again with salt and pepper, and allow the bottom to set
- With your spatula, lift up on the bottom and allow some of the liquid eggs on top to run to the bottom
- Continue to cook until eggs are just set
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with goat cheese and tomatoes
Note: Make ahead and you have breakfast the next couple days!